Greetings NCCU International Students!
I sincerely hope you’ve had a wonderful first few weeks on campus, and whether you are new to Taiwan or not, are enjoying this part of your academic journey.
Many of you attended OIC’s Orientation on September 11th. We are eager to hear your feedback regarding orientation, and will be sending a survey form in the near future.
Invitation to 2nd Orientation
In the meantime, we would like to extend an invitation to a special 2nd Orientation event to take place Thursday, October 2nd from 12:30-3:30PM (7th Floor of the Administration Building, Meeting Room 5). The topic is “Navigating Life in Taiwan and at NCCU.”
We will gather for lunch and discuss Taiwanese culture, academic life in Taiwan, and cross-cultural experience in general. It will be a good chance to meet other international students and develop some strategies for benefiting from your time abroad.
If you are interested, please sign up here.
Office of Cross-Cultural Program Advisor
As a reminder as well, you are welcome to visit my office to chat. I am located on the 3rd Floor of the Administration Building (turn left coming from the stairs or elevator) from 2-5pm on Monday or Wednesday, or arrange to meet by appointment (email@example.com).
NCCU International Association Needs You!
We also encourage you to visit the NCCU International Association website (http://nccuinternational.wordpress.com/) and Facebook Group (NCCU International Association), and if you wish to get more involved in campus, please join us! This campus needs the energy and support of its wonderful international cohort to make NCCU the most vibrant academic environment it can be.
Once again, I hope this semester is off to a great start, and I look forward an opportunity to meet!
NCCU Office of International Cooperation, Cross-Cultural Program Advisor
NCCU Department of Education
Whenever you see a FreeBike that’s not in use, you can use it.
There’re 2 kinds of FreeBikes
- FREE USE BIKES: these bikes are used as before–anyone can pick up one and ride
- 4-WEEK RENTAL BIKES: these bikes are under our rental plan and should not be used by non-registered users
Please be award of which type of Free Bike you’re using and do not use rental bikes unless you have registered for the corresponding term. (See the difference in the picture below)
#How do you rent a FreeBike?
# The Registration and rental Terms for 2014 Fall semester:
For more detail, check the page of Office of General Affair: Here
Good news for friends who keep green diet!
Though there are few vegetarian restaurants around NCCU, for some cultural reasons here, many restaurants provides vegetarian cuisines. You might just be able to find out some vegetarian dishes on their menu. Anyhow, for some others, you can claim your need and they could cook a special one for you. Thus, we make a food map that shows the restaurants which provide the vegetarian food and what they provide.
In order to maintain the quality of gyms, please obey the following rules:
- Please put your gym card on the board after entering the gyms and you can start to work out.
- Preparing another sport shoes which the bottoms are clean and CHANGE IT HERE. Suitable and appropriate sports clothes are also necessary
- Please bring a TOWEL with you, and wipe the sweat on the sports appliances away. Put the sports appliances back to places after finishing using it
- Only WATER is permitted here. Foods and drinks are forbidden.
- The gym card is PERSONAL, and please to use it in person. If against the rules (bring anyone else into the gyms or lend the card to others), we would cancer your using qualification of the gyms without returning the fee.
- If you need to use the shower rooms down stairs after working out, please show your gym card to the pool’s counter and then you can use it.
- If you have any problem about the using the gyms, please turn to training students in the gyms or pool’s counter.
- If you don’t follow the training staff’s remonstrates or cause threat to the public security, we would chance your using qualification of the gyms.
- 06.00 – 21.30 from Monday to Saturday
- 06.00 – 17.30 for Sunday and national holidays
Let’s go around Taiwan :D!
Taipei Dadaocheng Fireworks Festival 2014
Time: August 2nd, 2014 (Saturday)
Location: Yanping Riverside Park, Dadaocheng Wharf
- Activities in Main stage at 15.00 ~ 21.30
- Fireworks: 20.30 ~ 20.50
Traffic information: See HERE
Further information, click: Taipei Dadaocheng Fireworks Festival 2014