Songshan airport is conveniently located within Taipei City, so it’s pretty easy to get to NCCU from here. You can take a cab or the MRT.
- A one-way trip to NCCU costs around NTD 300.
- If the cab driver doesn’t understand English, you can show him or her a note saying: “Sir/Madam, please take me to National Chengchi University. Thank you!” written in Chinese as shown below:
sījī xīansheng/xiǎojiě, qǐng nín dài wǒ dào zhèngzhì dàxué, xièxie.
校址：11605 台北市文山區指南路二段 64 號 (School Address in Chinese)
總機電話：02-29393091 (School Telephone Number)
- Once you get to NCCU, you can also ask the NCCU security guard for directions to your dorm. Here’s how you say “My dorm number is_____, can you please tell me where my dorm is located?”.
wǒ de sùshè shì _____hào, kěyǐ qǐng nǐ gàosu wǒ zài nǎli ma
- From MRT Songshan Airport station, get off at MRT Taipei Zoo station (last stop on the Wenhu/Brown Line).
- Take Exit 1, and take the bus to NCCU. You can take any of these buses: 236 / 237 / 611 / 282 / 295 / BR3 / BR6 / BR18 / 1503
Arriving at Taoyuan Airport? See this post about how to get to NCCU from Taoyuan Airport.
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, or Taoyuan Airport, is located about 40 km west of Taipei. You can get to NCCU by taxi, bus or airport MRT. You might want to read this post, if you’re traveling from Songshan Airport to NCCU.
The Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) line goes through: Nangang, Taipei, Banqiao, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Miaoli, Taichung, Changhua, Yunlin, Chiayi, Tainan and Zuoying (Kaohsiung). A one-way trip from Taipei to Kaohsiung takes about 1.5-2 hours.
You can check train schedules and fares on the THSR website.
There are multiple ways to buy THSR tickets:
- Online Ticketing (24-hour service) through the THSR Website.
- Through the T Express Mobile App.
- Convenience stores such as 7-11, FamilyMart, OK, Hi-Life.
- Through the Interactive Service Line: 4066-0000 (this is not a toll-free number)
- Ticket Vending Machines and Ticket Windows at the THSR station.
If you’re booking more than 11 tickets, see this page on the THSR website.
Fares and Types of Tickets
The ticket price depends on distance, and the type of ticket you get. The more cost-efficient option is to get a non-reserved seat ticket. However, you might have to stand if there aren’t any vacant seats left.
If you’re looking to save a bit of cash, you can try to purchase discount tickets instead. Here are some of the discounts you can avail of:
- Multi-Ride Tickets (~15% off)
- Periodic Tickets (~52% off):
- Early Bird Discount (up to 35% off)
- Hotel Package (20% off THSR ticket fare)
Read more about THSR Ticket Fares and Discounts.
THSR Customer Service
International Calls: +886-2-4066-3000
Miaoli area: 4266-3000
Taitung and Kinmen areas: 4666-3000
Matsu areas and mobile phones: 02-4066-3000
Note: Calls are not toll-free.
Getting around Taipei is safe, convenient and affordable — especially with a student discount! You can get around the city by bus, train, or even by bike!
We highly recommend buying an EasyCard (悠遊卡) for students to avail of a student discount. Just be sure to show proof that you are a student. If you’re a degree student or an exchange student, your school ID also doubles as an EasyCard, so be sure not to lose it!
If you ever forget to bring your EasyCard, you can purchase a single journey ticket at any MRT station. If you’re taking the bus, you can pay with coins, but you’ll need to pay the full fare of NTD 15.